Custom Wrapped Canvas

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Following the Golf Dream - Another Day of Practice - 3 hole drill Course Management

Well it has been a couple of days since my last post.

Between the rain, power outage and practice it has been an interesting couple of days.

As I mentioned in my past post, I am recovering from a broken finger so I am easing into my game.

I spent a lot of time on the short game the last two days.   I have worked on the routine presented in the last post.  As I have stated before, the most important part of the game is 150 yards in.

Today, I decided to walk 3 holes after a little warm up on the range to see what else I need to practice on.  I also wanted to see how my finger would do in game conditions.

Even though I warmed up, I still was a little skittish on whether my finger would hurt or not.  I pushed my drives leaving me in deep rough on all three holes.  Being in the deep rough I would have a good test of how my finger would do.  It didn't feel bad, but could feel it.  I also learned that my distance was a little shortened because I was favoring my right hand.

With the first two holes being par 5's I left my self short of the green on my second shot.  The first hole from 10 yards just off the green and the second hole 75 yards short of the green.  Utilizing my chipping drills I have been practicing, I was able to get up and down giving myself 2 birdies.

On the third hole, a par 4, again pushing the drive right and hitting from the rough I left my second shot short of the green again.  I was able to chip to 5 feet and one put to get my par.

What the 3 hole practice and course management has told me, I am still mentally hesitant and concerned my finger will hurt or I will re-injure it again.  I also saw that the work on my short game has definitely paid off.   Because of the work I have done on my short game, I am not concerned over temporary loss of distance with my full shots and missing the green on my approach shots.

Well time to close and spend some time with my wife before we go to sleep.

Until next time, remember perfection is not achievable in golf, but progression is.......


No comments:

Post a Comment