Custom Wrapped Canvas

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Tournament Time - US SENIOR OPEN QUALIFIER - HILLWOOD CC, NASHVILLE TN - Practice Day

Practice Day for the US SENIOR OPEN QUALIFIER - Hillwood Country Club, Nashville, TN

It is time to test my skills against the elements of the course.  The layout of US Open courses, regardless of whether Senior or Regular Open, is the toughest test in the game of golf.  The USGA sets the course up to the extreme to make the golfers use their skill and knowledge to concur the course.  If you are not looking forward to this kind of test, then my advise is to not enter and just watch.

I arrived last night and staying at the Four Points Sheraton in Brentwood, TN, just 15 minutes from the course.  What a marvelous hotel.  This is the first hotel my wife and I have stayed in that has outstanding service and the rooms are fabulous.  We ate dinner at the Hotel Restaurant and food is superb!  We even talked with the Executive Chef last night at dinner.  He cares about what he puts out and the taste is fabulous.  It is a must to eat at if you are in Brentwood.  Also, they had a local musician playing acoustic guitar and singing during the dinner.

Well, this morning I am getting ready to go to the Hillwood Country Club to get my practice round in.  I am looking forward to getting the layout of the course and see how my game is shaping up.

Until after the practice round, remember practice makes progression not perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment